An audit was carried out by AA Web Solutions for JOM Charity, in October 2022, to analyse the acccessibility of this website at WCAG 2.1 AA levels.
The main accessibility issues which were found and then fixed were the following:
- Main navigation bar colour was darkened, as it had a colour contrast fail, making it difficult to see for some users.
- Colour contrast issues with text colour too light on a white background.
- Alt descriptions were missing on several images where a description was necessary.
- Use of second H1 heading on front page.
- A “Skip to Content” link was added, for keyboard only users. This allows them to avoid the navigation links, and go straight to the content.
To further improve the users experience, the “One Click Accessibility” plugin was installed, allowing the user to customise the website, with the following acessibility options:
- Greyscale all colours on the website.
- High and negative contrast.
- Light background.
- Underline all links.
- Change text to a more readable font.
Some pages have numerous layout problems, but we will improve these in the coming years.
If you have experienced an accessibility problem, when visiting this website, then please let us know, and we will see if we can fix or improve it?